The Advanced Manufacturing and Applied Research Innovation Institute (AMARII) is soliciting ideas for advanced manufacturing projects that, if funded, will positively impact the northeast Ohio economy. The FY2024 funding cycle will begin soon. We are now accepting ideas.
Project ideas may encompass advanced manufacturing, additive manufacturing, machining, process improvement, automation, metrology, digital manufacturing, artificial intelligence, augmented reality, supply chain enhancement, energy and energy efficiency, technology enhancement, cost reduction, etc. If you have an idea for a project and would like us to consider it, please submit your idea below.
Priority consideration will be given to ideas that demonstrate the ability to:
- Advance manufacturing technologies
- Promote job growth and retention
- Strengthen economic competitiveness
Why Submit a Topic?
Nearly every topic AMARII selected previously was approved by the House Appropriations Committee – Defense for inclusion in the House Defense Bill.
The following topics were included in the FY23 Defense Bill
- $10M for Liquid Hydrogen Refueling Systems enable improvements in the producibility and affordability of emerging components of Army platforms.
- $10 million for Nanocomposite Coatings for Advanced Research to conduct applied research to address warfighter protection and performance concerns.
- $5M for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Development to build the power architecture necessary to support the next generation of combat vehicles.
- $5M for Automated Integrated Metrology for research and development on digital metrology.
- $5M for Direct Ink Writing of Advanced Thermoset Materials for the development of state-of-the-art ink extrusion methods for 3D printers.
- $10M for Advanced Air Mobility for development, training, and deployment of low-altitude airspace management.
- $5.2M for Additive Manufacturing Training to support education and workforce efforts in 3D printing.